The Murrumbidgee Catchment Action Plan (CAP 2013) will direct natural resource management in the catchment for the next ten years.
Welcome to the CAP 2013 section of the website. Here you will find everything you need to know about the plan which was officially approved by the Minister for Primary Industries Katrina Hodgkinson in April 2013.
The Murrumbidgee CAP has been upgraded as a response
to new knowledge, evolving policy and community values, and emerging
issues such as climate change. The Murrumbidgee CMA worked closely
with community members, stakeholders and government agencies throughout
2012 and 2013 to develop the plan.
Murrumbidgee CAP 2013 aims to improve the wellbeing of landscapes and communities by:
- Supporting sustainable land management practices for healthy and sustainable production and food security
- Maintaining and enhancing the diversity and functionality of our natural environments
- Building communities that are vibrant, viable and resistent to change
- Managing sensitive aquatic environments for consumptive and environmental water needs
- Ensuring landscapes, as well as individuals, land managers and businesses are adaptable to change
- Connecting people and landscapes so that environmental, economic and cultural significances are recognised
To view the Murrumbidgee Catchment Action Plans, click the image below.